Elements Of A Custom Kitchen
Are you in love with this custom kitchen design like we are? Designs like this one always inspire our work and we love to point out key elements so they can help inspire and inform your renovation dreams.
Our team of experts dissect this design from top to bottom:
- Waterfall edge on the island.
- Countertop and backsplash is a Calcutta Marble.
- The cabinetry is stained a rich maple brown that contrasts with the white/light colours of countertop and floor.
- The elongated cylindrical fixtures over the island not only provide lighting, but also fill the space without crowding it.
- The built-in wall ovens tucked into the corner are well positioned and frame the kitchen. The kitchen has a very quiet, subtle feeling to it.
- The drop in counter top gas cooking range is not overpowering and very complementary to the space.
- The island is 36 inches wide and 12 inches long and is the central element in the overall design (can’t you just imagine the family and friends gathering and collecting around this space).
- Two sinks have been added to this kitchen design. One small sink has been placed on the main cabinet wall for preparing and cutting, with the main sink being centered on the island. This creates two separate work areas in the kitchen and makes the space function even larger.
- Concealed kitchen venting hood set included in the cabinetry that is simple and clean looking as well as an exterior mounted blower for the fan that is quiet and powerful.
- The island stools are a great feature that would definitely be used and look nice and comfortable.
- The built-in seating below the window is a great place to sit, sip your cup of coffee and enjoy the view to the backyard.
Any other elements and/or features jump out at you? Please share your thoughts with us!
Photo credit: John Maniscalco Architecture
We love the detailing of this vanity. It is simple, elegant and timeless.
When designing, renovating and building new kitchens, one of the most requested elements is island seating.
In many homes in Toronto, we often work within a standard 5' wide x 7' to 8' long bathroom.